Senior Minister Profile
Sciotoville Christian Church
Qualities desired in Candidates:
- Spiritually: Candidates must be able to clearly articulate the basis for their spiritual beliefs, including their motivation for seeking to become an Evangelist.
- Educationally: Candidates should be a graduate of a Restoration Movement Bible college, affiliated with the independent Christian Churches and instrumental Churches of Christ. Candidates should hold the minimum of a bachelor’s degree in a concentrated area of ministerial responsibility (preaching, pastoral, or church administration), with preference given to those who have a Master’s degree in a related field of undergraduate studies.
- Theologically: Candidates should hold to the following beliefs, as noted on our website:
- We believe in one God, the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. (John 10:30,John 14:16-20)
- That Jesus Christ is the one and only Son of God, who died for our sins and arose from the dead. (I Corinthians 15:1-8)
- That the Bible is the inspired word of God that was written down by many different men over a wide range of time. (II Timothy 3:16)
- That all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)
- That forgiveness of sins and the promise of eternal life are available to those who accept Christ as their Savior. (John 3:16)
- That those accepting Christ need to repent of their sins, confess their faith in Jesus, and be baptized (immersed) into Him. (Acts 2:38,Romans 6:3-4, 10:9-10,Galatians 3:26-27)
- That there is only one way to enter into Heaven, and that is through a personal relationship with God that is established through the work of Christ on the cross. (John 14:1-6)
- That the Church is the family of God here on earth, and exists to share God’s love with the lost, and continue to mature the faith of those that are in a right relationship with God. (Ephesians 4:11-16)
- That every member of this church has gifts given to them by God, so that they can use those gifts to help build up His Church on earth. (Romans 12:3-8, I Peter 4:10-11)
- We observe the Lord’s Supper each week in remembrance of His death, His resurrection, and His promised return. (I Corinthians 11:23-32, Acts 20:7)
- Personally: The Senior Minister should be able to lead by example and have a personal background that commands respect as well as trust. They should be able to conform to the same standard as spelled out in Titus 1:6-9
- Preaching: Preach Sunday morning worship services weekly with time allotted for vacation and conferences.
- Administration: Participate in meetings with Elders on a monthly basis. Ensure that classes are provided to meet the needs of the congregation. The Senior Minister will be expected to supervise staff members on a daily basis.
- Pastoral: Visiting with members of the congregation in cooperation with the Elders is required. The Senior Minister will be responsible for coordinating visitations.
- Spiritual Formation: The Senior Minister is expected to show leadership in growing the spiritual foundation of the church. This can include such things as individualized study, prayer, counseling, visitation, and encouraging discipleship with the congregation.
- Church Growth: Encourage and develop outreach opportunities for both individuals and groups within the community.
Provisions from the Church:
- Salary commensurate with experience, part of which can be designated as a housing allowance. No parsonage is provided.
- Vacation time of two weeks per year is included. Additional time off for professional development may be offered with approval of the Elders.
Process for Application:
- Resumes can be submitted to the church via 1) regular mail at the following address: Sciotoville Christian Church, PO Box 4027, Sciotoville, OH 45662
Or, resumes can be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Candidates must submit resumes with educational background, ministerial experience, a minimum of five references, and either an audio or video source of at least two sermons preached within the last six months. (You may provide a link to a website, if possible.)
Process for Selection:
- Resumes will be reviewed candidates will be notified as to their status.
- After the Elders review the resumes, they will most likely select 2-3 candidates for personal interviews, either by phone, Skype, or in person.
- When interviews of potential candidates are completed, one candidate will be selected for a more thorough interview process.
- The candidate selected will be invited to be in the community and at the church for a weekend, a period of 2-3 days. The church will cover all expenses for travel, lodging, meals, etc.
- During the candidate’s weekend visit, the congregation will vote on him for the position of Senior Minister. A majority vote will be required for approval.